Top 5 Most Mindblowing WordPress Stats Of 2017
As the most commonly used free and open source Content Management System around, WordPress is has grown in popularity since its initial release in 2003 and is now the CMS for millions of websites.
We use WordPress for 90% of our website projects because it allows us to pair bespoke design with a powerful CMS and create fantastic and user friendly websites for our clients.
Due to the fact that we use WordPress on a daily basis, we felt it was only right that we explain why we favour it over any other CMS.
Top 5 WordPress Stats
The first ever version of WordPress was released in 2003 and originally started out as a blogging platform for its users.
Over the next few years, the creators of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little, developed hundreds of plugins and provided a series of updates that turned WordPress into the powerful CMS system it is today and allowing entire websites to be created and managed.
To show you how WordPress has progressed and improved since 2003, after doing some extensive research, we have come up with a list of the top 5 WordPress stats.
- 8% of market share is owned by WordPress making it the most popular content management system available. This is in comparison to other content management systems such as Joomla with 6.5% and Drupal with only 4.8%.
- WordPress is the most trusted CMS and is used globally by world famous brands. Brands such as PlayStation, Sony Music and Facebook Newsroom all use WordPress.
- Due to the fact that WordPress is simple to navigate, anybody has the ability to upload new content to their website without having a vast understanding of IT. Every second, 17 posts from WordPress websites are posted globally.
- 27% of the internet is powered by WordPress. This means that over a quarter of all websites use WordPress as their content management system.
- WordPress have 50,635 plugins available for use. A plugin is a piece of software that can be added to a WordPress site. Some plugins are free of charge but others need to be bought. However, with over 50,000 of them and each one having its own function, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Why we use WordPress
As you can see, the latest WordPress stats offer some impressive facts and figures and with it being the most popular CMS among millions of brands, it wouldn’t make sense to us to use any other.
One of the main services we provide is website design and development. Our team of professional designers and developers don’t use templates and create bespoke designs. WordPress allows them to do this.
WordPress gives us and our clients the opportunity to edit areas of their website and upload content with ease. It’s simple to navigate and easy to understand.
Furthermore, because WordPress is highly supported and used by lots of different agencies and developers, the website can be taken to any company and worked on by them. This isn’t possible with bespoke content management systems.
Google has previously stated that they prefer WordPress to any other content management system and using WordPress as a CMS for your website can help improve your search engine rankings (SEO).
WordPress and SEO
WordPress allows users to create search friendly URL structures and permalinks. When crawling through websites in order to rank them, search engines use the permalink of a webpage to determine what the content contains. This means that having a correctly structured URL will enable a website to rank higher.
Additionally, due to the fact that millions of websites use WordPress, search engines have become familiar with it. This means that they find it easier to crawl through WordPress websites, index them and rank them.
Finally, when a new blog or article is uploaded to a WordPress site, WordPress notifies search engines like Google and the search engines will rank the website higher up in search results. This is because search engines treat new content as notable and up to date.
If you have been wowed by these WordPress stats and are currently searching for an experienced web developer to build your perfect WordPress website, then look no further.
We are a web design/development and digital marketing agency that use our knowledge and expertise to create beautiful websites for companies in a variety of sectors.
No task is too big and we pride ourselves on being a one stop shop for all your digital need and we offer 3 months free WordPress training with any WordPress website we create.
If you would like to get in touch with a member of our team, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01254 447050 or email us at email@example.com.
Infused Media Limited
Suite 114b, Business First, Davyfield Rd
Blackburn BB1 2QY
Tel: 01254 447050